Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Posh Grocery Run

Today I ventured out on my own into Vancouver to get groceries.  Maybe not such a big deal, but it was my first solo excursion in the van.  It was a piece of cake.  The funniest thing was I went to this posh little Safeway and seriously was the only one in the whole store with a cart.  Everyone else just had baskets and buys enough for one meal or something.  It was bizarre.  I had Owen with me and a huge load of groceries because we had just built a shelf into our storage closet to use as a pantry and needed to stock up.  I felt a wee bit out of place.  I think I need to next find a grocery store where the real people with kids who live in West Van shop.  I'm sure there are some somewhere....

Also, it really does rain a lot here.  It's still a bit of a novelty for us and the kids love to run around with umbrellas but I can see how you can get a little tired of it.

We were out all day yesterday hanging with Heather, hitting Ikea, and doing laundry and visiting Auntie Yvonne and Uncle Paul.  It was a nice day.  Nice to be in a home with more space and with family.  But you know what?  When we got back to our little university place, we walked in the door and it felt like home.  That was a nice feeling.

4 comments:

  1. I remember how we'd have to plan ahead so much for going to Superstore when we lived out there because it was about a 30 minute drive. But now I don't take my Superstore within walking distance for granted. I'm sure you'll find the store for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    I am totally creeping on your blog, but there is a No Frills on 4th and Alma that we went to a lot when we lived out there. They sell superstore brands mostly and often have better prices on sale stuff. The aisles are really tight, but that's really my only complaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. Just hold your head high and stuff that cart full!
    I am so thankful to hear your place feels like home. That's wonderful news.
    I had a dream about you guys last night. I can't remember the specifics, but I woke up missing all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! Solo adventures, dancing in the rain and coming "home". Yay!

    ReplyDelete