Sunday, July 29, 2012

bits and bites

I thought I'd take a few minutes to bust off a quick blog just to reassure my few faithful readers that we are, indeed, still alive and kicking out here in Vancouver.  The weather has been great, we've been loving being so close to the beach and parks.  Life is full and good.

We are headed off a bit later to some friends house for a little visit.  Yes, we are making friends.  We've actually met quite a few really good people.  I've been thinking about how, in all the moves we've made the last years (and it's been many) people are generally really sweet and worth knowing all over the place.  This time too, with 3 kids in tow and family in the area, we haven't had time or felt lonely.  We do miss friends "back home" and the easiness and familiarity of those friendships but don't have the spare time to feel lonely.  That's a good thing, I think.

I went through a bit of a dark week last week.  Just thought I'd share this quickly.  I had started the minipill - nursing mothers will know what this is.  I had heard that some people had really weird emotional reactions to it, like going down in the dumps and getting snappy and grumpy, but I usually don't react to medicines anyway so I thought I'd try it.  But I got really cloudy on it.  I was grumpy, had the tiniest amount of patience and was just feeling dark and gloomy.  I didn't like it one bit.  So I stopped and the world got sunny afterwards.  No more mini pill for me!

And on that note, my sunday afternoon rest time is quickly coming to an end with 2 boys screaming from their beds.

3 comments:

  1. I miss you so much! I am still so hopeful that you guys will return to Camrose when you're done so that Benny & Theo can go to school together. We call Micronor the crazy pill. I'm definitely snappy when I'm on it. I dream of the blissful days when I'm not made crazy by pregnancy hormones, postpartum hormones, or Micronor.
    I'm so glad you guys are meeting people and making friends. I'm sure you're having an easy time meeting people because you're all so awesome. People meet you and they want to snap you up as friends asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you're adjusting and making friends... and enjoying Vancouver! I look forward to connecting with you guys again, thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy birthday to you both! Our anniversary/birthday cake at camp jogged my memory. Glad you are settling in well and we continue to pray for emerging friendships and support. W e all miss you and many at camp asked about you.
    Be blessed! AAA!
    The WMPL Gang in Camrose

    ReplyDelete